Re: BBb vs. CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on April 11, 2001 at 07:27:54:

In Reply to: BBb vs. CC posted by Brant on April 10, 2001 at 18:30:46:

Hey Brant,
Anytime you ask this question just about every response will be a personal preferance answer rather than strict proven factual information because I doubt that there is an answer. My opinion would be to get one of every horn and have fun learning how to use each and everyone. I have had Horns in GG, BBb, CC, Eb, F, G, and Bb. I have played and horse traded them through the years and I never met a tuba I didn't like. Due to financial constraint(got two kids) I have curtailed my horn buying and have stuck with two make that three, maybe four or was it five. As you can see the pitch does not matter much to me. I use what horn does the best job in a given situation. Each horn is different and even two identical horns do not produce the same results....go figure. If you got the C bug than pursue it cause all it will cost is money. You've got plenty of time to work out the details. Just have fun and keep learning. I've got this old Conn that gives me the fits but it just makes me want to work harder at finding out how to play it. Most guys prefer the other method which is to find a horn that makes it easier to play well. Its your life and your choice. The only thing you are missing is playing a different horn in a different pitch. Go for it.......

Randy Mac Iver (just like Pokeman You've Gotta Catchum' All)

Follow Ups: