Re: Easter Gig

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Taj on April 07, 2001 at 23:14:02:

In Reply to: Easter Gig posted by Me on April 04, 2001 at 22:57:10:

As to your question of what is a reasonable pay, I work in a volunteer organization. We get paid for transportation expences and receive donations which go toward music and other group needs. Sometimes pay is subjective and sometimes it amounts to barter. This Easter we are playing at a church where we barter for rehearsal space as well as it is home church to several members of the ensemble. Last Easter we played for free at a place I had always dreamed of performing at, Red Rocks, for the Easter Sunrise Service. Not for lack of value though. What a beautiful sight in it's natural surroundings and filled with 10,000 cold and sleepy people for us to wake up! (It was quite a rush walking into the same back stage where so many great musicians have gone before, the subjective pay.) For me the experience of performing anywhere improves me (more subjective pay,) and, I have a day job to pay the bills. As for the religion part, I believe differently and conduct myself professionally for the benefit of the audience.
Taj
Just for the love of the group and performing.

Follow Ups: