Re: Re: Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by OAS, AAS, IWTWAWTPEMM on April 04, 2001 at 19:43:50:

In Reply to: Re: Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia posted by For Non-believers on April 04, 2001 at 15:11:02:

Once A Sinfonian...
Always A Sinfonian...
I Wish There Was A Way To Permanently Expire My Membership

Why don't you take up a fun study, query the names on your list who are still alive, and ask them if they've ever NOT told someone they were a Sinfonian when asked because they didn't want to be bunched with a group of sweaty, hirsute underachievers who are more interested in scavenger hunts than they are practicing their axe, not to mention keeping silent to keep from being muscled and manhandled into rendering the "secret handshake" (woooooo).

Although I was once in the ranks of the initiated you won't find me on your list, nor will you find such evidence on my resume. Music is not a club, a carwash, an SAI lust fest, a scavenger hunt, a frat shirt with a nickname on the back, clandestine midnight meetings, candled and scented kum-by-ya fests, or an attempt to "fit in" with the greek community. Don't know what I was thinking when I joined. Guess I suckered by the "It looks great on a resume" plug. I became inactive quickly once I saw what they were about. The time I gained back was better served practicing, and the money saved was better served on method books.

Follow Ups: