5/4 Orchestral CC For Sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Phelps on April 03, 2001 at 01:37:27:

If you are shopping for an instrument, I have a pretty special CC Bohm & Meinl for sale, 4-piston, 1-long whole-step rotor, .750" bore 20" bell, very open free-blowing horn with great valves, very good scale and really good low-notes. This is one of Fred Marzan's designs with main slide on the left hand, easy access to valve slides on top as well as bottom. It has had special work done by Bob Rusk, different lead pipe, old Holton or York LARGE MP receiver, and the 5th valve. I purchased the tuba from a fellow in Chicago almost three years ago after careful shopping for a perfect all-around CC to switch to
(after "playing" BBflat tubas for many years) and I bought it after a good recommendation by Mr Jacobs before he passed on. It is satin silver, bright inside the bell. I hate to see it go, as it really is a special instrument, but I also own a really sweet 6/4 Holton and a nice, solid B&S 4196 (PT4P) and this horn falls right in between these.
If you're shopping for a serious 5/4 orchestral/band tuba with a wonderful American/York flavor of sound, this may be for you. It is not inexpensive.
It is in California close to the San Jose International Airport.
Feel free to e-mail for references or additional info

Follow Ups: