Re: Re: Re: I need some advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by paul on April 25, 1999 at 23:58:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: I need some advice posted by anon. Band Dir. on April 25, 1999 at 23:27:46:

Your posting raised several pts. of concern with me
1) What is a 'heavy' smoker doing ..
a) smoking in the band room whilst others are attepting to make music?
b) trying to play a wind intensive instrument in the first place?
2) Why does the "director" allow smoking in the practice room is this not usually against school policy?
3) Why did'nt said "director" tell this Jesse character what was going on?

In responce to the post that said to get your own horn I for one know how prohibitivly expensive that can be. I make a decent living and I still can't afford to get my own horn yet. My advice to you would be, if you're serious about your music and it sounds like you are then find a school with a better more supportive director and a healthier (non-smoking) environment. One where there is a spirit of support and commeraderie. Having said all this I was also once in jesse's shoes and while I did not go postal like he did I did get pissed off sometimes when 'junior' players messed up the tuning and also left 'my' (assigned to me) horn full of spit and other foreign matter.
P.S. I myself do enjoy an occasional pipe or good (cuban/dutch) cigar BUT only after the gig is done and the gear is packed.
Hope this helps
TUBAS UNTER ALLES PAUL
p.s. If you ever use someone's horn drain it when you're done :-)
except if its jesse's

Follow Ups: